Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pretty, Chic, Striped Curtains

Pin It Now!
My living room sliding doors were looking quite naked. Sad, too, for that matter. So, to Pinterest I went, in search of a cute, simple kind of curtains I could make to make them pretty AND covered. I found a mom who had covered her window with white curtains, and used iron-fusible interfacing to attach the black stripes to them. Pretty genius, if you don't want permanent stripes! I, however, did want permanent stripes. So, I acquired about 6 yards of the black and white fabrics, which are a sort of linen-canvas texture, and 6 yards, in two 3 yard parts, for the backing. I sewed 1/2 inch seams and pressed flat towards the black panel after each seam, to keep the white looking crisp. Once the panels were complete, I sewed the backing to them, with right sides together. This seemed to take forever. Once I was all the way around, I left a 6 inch gap to turn them inside out. Once turned, I pressed all the edges flat, and folded the 6 inch section in, so it looks like the rest if the edge. A seam around this, only the width of the presser foot from the edge, and adding the tabs were the last bit, then voila!
Striped Curtains, as seen on Pinterest!
Pardon my messy sewing area!


No comments:

Post a Comment