Saturday, September 15, 2012

DIY Cleaning Wipes

Pin It Now!
Cleaning the house. Not everyone's favorite thing to do, or to buy supplies for, but it still has to be done. Enter the DIY category. Save money? On house cleaning products even? Sign me up!
So I watched a video about a woman who has learned to make four different kinds of DIY wipes. Moisturizing hand sanitizing wipes, bleach wipes, glass cleaning wipes and baby wipes. I went for the bleach wipes, sans bleach, because I am afraid to clean with bleach. I'm just fine using a bleach pen and making cute designs on things, but when it comes to wiping down surfaces all over the house with it...I just have this idea that I'll lean against a counter that I'd cleaned with bleach, and my shirt will suddenly have a bleach stripe. It would probably end up being my favorite shirt too, lol. So, Here's what I came up with... :)

I started with Fabuloso, peppermint essential oil, an empty bucket of doggie treats, and a roll of Bounty towels.
I don't like the smell of fabuloso by itself, but when mixed with the peppermint oil, it's very crisp and fresh, and peppermint oil actually wards off pesky bugs like sugar ants.

So we start by cutting the towel roll in half. I used a french knife, but I think I'll be using a serrated bread knife next time. Using a non-serrated one is like trying to slice frozen meat with a butter knife, lol.

Taa-Daa! Now to shove this fat roll down into the treat bucket...
*shove*

Now to prepare the cleaning solution...
it's 1/2 c Fabuloso (or whatever CONCENTRATED solution you have)
approx 1 tsp peppermint oil
and 2.5 c water.


Seriously...peppermint smells so clean!
Now, we pour the mixture over the roll, be sure to pour down the middle too, to saturate the center roll!

Now for the REAL Taa-Daa moment...ready for this?

Look! There's where your roll will center pull from!

Now just reattach your lid, and you're good to go!


The little bottle of Fabuloso MIGHT have cost me .50 (coupon shopping for the win!)
and the peppermint oil was something like $4 at Hobby Lobby, and I didn't even use 1/4 of the bottle.

Now that I have this post up, I'll check back for the date when I go through this whole roll. I wonder how long it'll last!

**As a side note, in the spirit of Fall and all things Autumn-y, if I figure out how to make these smell like Pumpkin Spice, I'll let ya'll know :) ***

No comments:

Post a Comment