Friday, September 14, 2012

Makeup Organizing!

Pin It Now!
I am not what you would call a girly girl. I do plenty of girly things like sewing, cooking, crocheting, and my nails, but I'd rather be on a horse, gun range or trail in the woods most days. That said, I somehow still have a ton of makeup. Not like, metric ton, entire MAC store or anything, but there have been days that I'll look at an eyeshadow like "why do i have this?" As a matter of fact, this morning, I JUST opened a golden yellow one called 14 karat. Just opened, as in it was still sealed, lol. So with all this makeup, comes a storage problem. Sure, you can use the little drawers from Walmart, but then you can't really see everything you own. Enter Pinterest ideas. So you take a cookie sheet... A plain, non-coated cookie sheet and hot glue fabric on, securing it in the back. I've also seen them painted, with scrapbook paper glued on... And I'll be making each of them soon, to test these methods. They will be available for sale, too, so keep an eye out for my "From Pinterest, To you". For the frame, Lowes and Home Depot sells cute moulding that can be easily cut and painted. Mine does not have a frame YET, but I imagine when I make the others, I'll be adding one. Then, a trip to a craft store for a package of magnets, to hot glue on each of your eyeshadows, etc...and youre done!
So, here is the inspiration photo, and my finished one, without frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment