Thursday, September 13, 2012

Comfy, Warm Slippers

Pin It Now!
Now that it's September, the air is getting a little cooler
(in Texas, it comes and goes)
and the leaves are starting to change up north.
I'll be going on my yearly "Yarn Crawl" in October, and I've started crocheting now. I joke with my friends and patients that crocheting is my "winter sport". I found these slippers on Pinterest a couple years ago, and I can't tell you how many pairs I've made. One year, someone had me make a pair for every woman in their family for Christmas. Talk about speedy fingers! I suspect I'll be receiving orders soon to start these for stocking stuffers, and to go in gift sets, with body creams and plush, comfy robes.
If you'd like a pair, let me know! As they are every year, they're $20 a pair. Any color of the rainbow! I will need to know your size, too! :)
What I love most about them is that as you wear them more and more, the wool fibers actually bond together (we fiber nerds know this as felting), which actually makes a tougher "sole" to them. They're also SUPER warm.
So here's the Pinterest picture. Beyond cute, right?
Here are my versions, I only managed to get pictures of two pairs. The purple ones are now on my mother's feet, and the cream ones (and more worn ones) are mine <3

This flowery pair I'm adding just for fun.
The flowers are a wool-blend,
so they keep my tootsies extra warm!



1 comment:

  1. May be you are thinking to buy warm slippers for you now! Don't worry you can go to my given link.It can give you more information about this!

    ReplyDelete